Sometimes it pays to just open you mouth and say whatever comes to mind. A good conversation may cause a thought to fully form. Before I knew what I was saying, out came, " I arrived in Jeju seeking a challenge." Dan laughed as we each reflected on how easy our lives are here. Sure there are challenges... perhaps some other words would help illuminate what I'm experiencing. Life on Jeju-do seems too good to be true - rich, full, stimulating, delicious, and thanks to my ability to Skype away the distance between Korea and Kansas, utterly complete. All of the words I would use to describe a good cup of coffee. While I'm not daily faced with hurdles between here and happiness, Jeju is always encouraging me to grow in all sorts of ways.
When I really strip away the surface and get honest with myself, I suppose that is the primary reason I'm here. I love Kansas, and far more importantly, I love the people who I was with in Kansas. I just hit a wall - I felt like I ceased to be stimulated - ceased to grow and evolve.
I think I've effectively resolved that problem.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Feel free to leave a comment!